RETROCLASSIC CLOTHING PRIVACY NOTICE
RetroClassic (“we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice sets out the ways in which we may process your personal data, your rights in relation to our processing and other matters. We do not and will not sell your data to third parties.
This privacy notice contains important details about the way we will treat your personal information, and your rights in respect of the personal data that we hold about you.
This privacy notice applies in relation to information exchanged via our website, in correspondence or otherwise. By visiting any of our websites, or by providing us with any information about yourself, you are accepting and agreeing to the practices described in this privacy notice.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 until 24 May 2018 and thereafter the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the “GDPR”), the data controller is RetroClassic. By Data Controller, this means RetroClassic determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Protection, RetroClassic, 28 Swindon Rd, Old Town, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 3JJ or emailing email@example.com quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
This is information that you give us by filling in forms on our websites, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our mailing list, search for a product, place an order on our sites, place an order on one of our marketplace stores such as Amazon, trademe etc, use our social media platforms, enter a competition, promotion and when you report a problem with our sites, products or services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and clothing sizes.
If you provide any information about any other individuals such as friends or family, you warrant to us that you are entitled to provide that information to us and to authorise us to process it on the same basis as we will process the rest of the data that you provide about yourself.
In order to personalise your website experience, we may also gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile), this may include the following:
LIST OF COOKIES WE COLLECT
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE MAY PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
We may use this information:
- to process, fulfil and provide you with information relating to your orders;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we offer, so long as, where required by law, you have given the relevant consent;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- for fraud and theft prevention;
- to ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- if you have submitted a job application, in order to evaluate and manage that application, and to manage your employment if you are successful;
- for our own legal and risk management purposes;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our sites about goods or services that may interest you.
Please note that, where you are asked to provide information to us which is of a sort that is necessary to enable us to perform a contract or fulfil a request that you make (e.g. contact, delivery or payment information) – if you do not do so, we may not be able to perform your contract or fulfil your request.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH AND WHY
RetroClassic does not and will not sell personal information about our customers. We only disclose your data as described in this Statement. We may share information with the following types of third parties.
RetroClassic work with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you with the highest quality products and services you expect from us e.g. delivery companies, and IT technicians amongst others.
KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH YOU
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website. When you set your account up, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Protection, RetroClassic Clothing, 28 Swindon Rd, Old Town, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 3JJ or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, by calling 01793 619 277, by changing your contact preferences in the Personal Details section of your account online or by using the unsubscribe link within the email.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
ADVERTISING AND MODERN MARKETING TOOLS
To help more people see our RetroClassic products, we use several modern marketing tools in support of our advertising efforts.
If you have opted out of receiving communications from us, we will not use your email for interest-based advertising.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
Data Protection Law requires us to meet at least one “legal ground” for processing personal data, currently set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. The grounds applicable to the personal data to which this notice relates are:
- Where the processing is necessary for us to perform a contract that you are party to, or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract, that is the ground on which we are processing that data;
- Where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, that is the ground on which we are processing that data;
- Where processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, that is the ground on which we are processing that data, provided that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your data do not override those legitimate interests (our legitimate interests comprise the management, marketing and promotion of our business, products and services the supply of our products and services, and the recruitment and management of staff);
- If you have given your consent to our processing the data, that is the basis on which we are processing that data.
If more than one of the above grounds apply to the processing of data in question, the applicable ground will be the one that is set out first above.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will be stored on our servers or those of our service providers.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential, and for all use made of your account with such password. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LENGTH OF DATA STORAGE
Our policy is to ensure that personal data is only stored for as long as is necessary for the purposes it was provided. This may vary according to the type of information and the specific purpose and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under Purposes for which we may use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
You have various rights under Data Protection Law. These include:
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, even if you have given consent;
- If our processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw any consent you may have given for our processing of your data – if you exercise this right, we will be required to stop such processing if consent is the sole lawful ground on which we are processing that data;
- The right to ask us for access to the data we hold about you and how we use it;
- The right to ask us to rectify any data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to ask us to delete your data in certain circumstances;
- The right to ask us to restrict our processing of your data in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to our processing of your data in certain circumstances;
The right to data portability to electronically move copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form in certain circumstances.
You can exercise any of the rights set out above by contacting email@example.com. In respect of certain of the rights referred to above, we may need more information from you, e.g. to provide further information in order to confirm your identity.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority if you are concerned that we are not respecting your rights under Data Protection Law. The Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.orgis the authority in the UK which is responsible for overseeing the application of, and enforcing, Data Protection Law.
We may, based on information that you provide, make certain decisions on an automated basis. Such decisions include deciding if you pose a fraud or money laundering risk. In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to such decisions being made on an automated basis, if you want to know more please contact us on the details above.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to Data Protection, RetroClassic Clothing, 28 Swindon Rd, Old Town, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 3JJ or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, by calling 01793 619 277
Last updated: May 2018
The following are basic questions you may have about our privacy statement. We recommend that you read the detailed statement above for additional details.
Why is RetroClassic updating its privacy statement?
We now meet the high standards required by the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and have updated our privacy statement to reflect that. We also strive to simplify language and remove jargon, to make our privacy statement easier to read and understand.
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen and unify data protection for everyone within the European Union (EU). As we believe that all our customers can benefit from its mandates, we're implementing it globally. The GDPR requires greater openness and transparency from companies on how they collect, store and use personal data, while also imposing tighter limits on the use of personal data.
How often do you anticipate updating your privacy statement?
We will update our privacy statement as necessary to ensure that our policies are in line with international regulations, our product and business practices.
What information does RetroClassic collect about me? RetroClassic collects your name, phone number, email address, delivery address, payment information, location data, IP address, data provided by cookies and other similar technologies.
Why does RetroClassic need my information?
RetroClassic uses data to provide you with the best experience from the products and services we offer, which includes using data to improve and personalise your experiences. We also use data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, new products or services available, security and other types of updates.
How is my information used?
RetroClassic uses data for the following purposes:
- Website Improvement
- Customer Support
- Communication and Marketing
How does collecting my information help RetroClassic improve their website?
We use Google analytics update and re-engineer our website to ensure customers have the best possible experience of the shopping process.
Does RetroClassic sell information to third parties?
No. We never have. And we never will.
How do I delete my personal data from RetroClassic and what are the consequences?
You can always send us an email email@example.com or contact our Customer Care team and request that your data be deleted.
Do RetroClassic keep or share my credit card information?
No. It’s only used to process your payment at the time of purchase.
How long do RetroClassic keep my information?
RetroClassic retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide services, support your Product and fulfil transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different Products or Services, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
How is information stored and secured on RetroClassic‘s servers?
RetroClassic is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. Any data we transmit over the internet is protected using encryption.
Do RetroClassic use interest-based advertising?
Yes. We work with third-party advertisers that utilise cookies and similar technologies to provide more relevant advertising about RetroClassic on our website and across the internet. To provide interest-based advertising, advertisers combine non-personal data obtained about your online activities over time to customise the advertising delivered to you. We do not share your personal information to do this.
How can I contact RetroClassic if I have questions regarding RetroClassic Clothing’s privacy statement?
If you have any questions about the use of your personal information, please cotact us by the following: RetroClassic Clothing, 28 Swindon Rd, Old Town, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 3JJ or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, by calling 01793 619 277